What to Look Forward to in Pillars of Eternity’s Latest Update
Pillars of Eternity, a role-playing game developed by Obsidian Entertainment, will be receiving several updates this month. The announced updates look quite impressive and the developers are obviously getting ready for its latest expansion: The White March – Part 2.
The 3.0 updates are coming soon so we have summarised them for you below:
- New content added for your Stronghold: there will be new unique stories and rewards, and visitors will enter your Stronghold with interesting dilemmas. The devs are pretty excited to let you try this out. Also included is a new quest line, where you have to fight over your claim to Caed Nua.
- Knockout injuries: What? Yes, this is something that adds a little bit of realism to the game. It’s a new difficulty option where your characters will experience injuries if they go down in a fight. Every injury will affect their performance until they rest long enough to heal up.
- Story Time Mode: if you enjoy playing casually or want to dive into the story itself, then you’ll love this feature. Story Time Mode is a new optional difficulty mode that allows you to focus on the story of Pillars of Eternity without having to constantly focus on gear levelling your characters for combat. Fights will be easier leaving you to focus on the narrative of the game. Enjoy the story without distractions!
- Athletics / Survival Update: This sounds pretty sweet, investing points into athletics will allow your characters to use “Second Wind”, a personal healing skill that can be used during combat. As for the survival skill, characters will now get different bonuses when at rest in the wild while camping.
- Beastiary Update: Additional entries and better organisation.
- Action Bar Update: They actually cleaned up the action bar to better separate Per-Rest and Per-Encounter abilities.
- Late Game Revisions: This one’s awesome, and clearly shows us that the developers are listening to the community’s feedback. Later acts will feature better, non-trashy mobs that will keep end game more challenging for players. Level scaling options will be given to those who start act 3 with a high-level party.
Pillars of Eternity will release these updates on February 16th together with the expansion The White March – Part 2.
The game is available for Microsoft Windows, OS X and Linux
What do you think about the coming updates and expansion? Feel free to let us know in the comments below!